Saturday, March 16, 2013

C-P-R Pickerel

My new personal best pickerel @ 20.75" was caught on an Overboard Ultra Lite Rod paired with a Shimano Symmetre 1000. I was using a 1/16th oz. Tsunami in glitter blood red w/ live minnow.

I like the Tsunami hooks because for being such a light jig head the hook is still substantial enough to hook into toothy critters like pickerel and speckled trout. That is unlike most other small jig heads that pair it with a hook of smaller stature as well. You can get these hooks at All Tackle in Annapolis.

I am there Sundays, and most Thursday and Friday evenings if you have any specific rigging questions.
 

Capt. Luke from Miss Chesapeake Beach Charters took some time out of his day to get in on a little bit of pickerel action.


Capt. Luke finished with 7 toothy critters and I ended up with 4, but I caught the largest of the day.


 
Got to test out my new Frabill net from Settles Bridge Supply House. It worked great for the pickerel and I expect it to be my Largemouth Bass and Speckled Trout net as well.  I will have a complete review in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment