Saturday, August 17, 2013

All Out Blitz

The title is fitting for not only the beginning of football season but also the way fishing has been lately. If you read one of my last posts about fishing the Thomas Point Lighthouse then you know it has been a very productive location. This has continued since then and I have been able to make it out a few more times this week.

The fish has been blitzing almost every evening and morning when it has been calm. The blitz has been lasting for a few hours and fishing has been insane. Lots of undersized fish with some overs mixed in, but you can't complain catching 40+ fish a day.

Lures have included road runner jig head with Bust Em Baits jerk shad.
 
 
 
Lots of fish underneath of my yak!!!
 
 
My new Personal Best Striper 26.5", not too impressive but I just don't fish for them enough.
 

Thursday afternoon was my best day yet. That was when I managed 4 overs with the largest coming in at 26.5". Once the fish would start to blitz I used a Mirrolure Papa Dog topwater lure to catch a fish almost every cast. Although my bigger fish came below the surface with the roadrunner Bust Em Bait Shad combo.

Ran into Don (DOGFISH) on the water at the light on Thursday.
 
Also, caught my 1st bluefish of the year.
 
 Definition of "The Hobie Life"



Friday morning my Dad and I went out again with a calm forecast again. We launched at 7am and the birds and fish began blitzing at about 7:45 and it continued almost all morning until we called it quits at 11am. 

Both of us caught over 40 fish with my Dad managing the biggest at 23". I got three keepers right around 19". 


I also caught my 1st striper on the fly!!


The catch from Thursday and Friday, plus Dad's 23 incher. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment