Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kiptopeke Trip Prepping

So I am getting ready for my fishing trip this weekend at Kiptopeke, VA. Tying up a bunch of extra tog rigs (follwing the Rob Choi method found here). I also stopped at All Tackle to pick up some extra lead just in case I have some snags which is common while Tog Fishing.

My set up :

Rod 1 - 6'3" Shimano Tevala S MH paired with a Penn Battle 3000 w/ 50lb Power Pro

Rod 2 - 4'8" Ugly Stik MH paired with a Okuma ABF30 Avenger w/ 30lb Power Pro

I will be using 3/0 Mustad Octopus Hooks and J Hooks

Also, I will be getting a solid testing of my new Yak Attack GunnAll Skin.  I plan to really put it to the test and will have a full report after the weekend.

I will be meeting a few other MKF anglers there and few other's may be there as well depending on the wind forcast.

I really can't wait to hook into these powerful fish after my 1st taste of fishing for them last December!!

No comments:

Post a Comment